Vignana Bharathi Institute of Technology Proudly Celebrate the college events for every academic year to develop innovative ways of delivering education.
VBIT is celebrating events is all set to epitomize itself as the ultimate platform for budding engineers of various streams.
The Academic Events like Paper Presentations,Poster Presentations,National & International Conferences , Seminars , Technical Symposiums , College Festivals , Guest Lecturers on trending technologies and on Academic Subjects etc .These are all helps to the students to develop their technical knowledge and competitive spirit to communicate with the world.
These events provide the student the most exciting and gainful opportunities for the acquiring of knowledge and technical expertise to groom and orient the young minds.
Vignana Bharathi Institute of Technology Events – 2017-2018 Academic Year
Department of Mechanical Engineering has organized Industrial Visit to Jain Irrigation Ltd for III ME students.
Department of MBA has organized 03 day Entrepreneurship Development Program SRJANA 2K18 from 01-02-2018 to 03-02-2018 for I & II MBA students in which various events were conducted.Mr.Sri Charan Lakkaraju, CEO, stumagz and Mr.B.S.Radha Krishna, Head Marketing, Jain Irrigation Ltd. Were the chief guests for Inaugural and valedictory functions respectively.
Research & Development Center of VBIT has organized guest lectures on “Paris agreement- A key to combat extreme change over Asian Monsoon Region” & “Impact of Extreme Climate over Indo-Gangetic Plain, India” by Dr.Debhashish Nath, Associate Professor, Institute of Atmospheric physics, Beijing, China & Dr.Reshmitha Nath, Post Doctoral Fellow, Dept. of Earth system Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China respectively in which 60 faculty members were participated.
Power & Energy Society (PES) of IEEE- VBIT SB has conducted “TechnieThon” which is a project expo exclusively for II & III EEE students.
Stumagz team of VBIT has conducted Townhall Meeting – an interactive session with Mr.Sri Charan Lakkaraju, CEO of Stumagz.
Training & Placement, Career Guidance & Entrepreneurship Development Cell of VBIT in Association with TASK (Telangana Academy of Skill & Knowledge) has organized 05 day Faculty Enablement Program from 29-01-2018 to 02-02-2018 on “Best Practices on python Programming using RDBMS” in which 60 faculty members from various Engineering colleges have participated. Dr.Swamy, Director,TASK was the chief guest for the valedictory function.
69th Republic Day celebrations were held at college campus. Dr.N.Goutham Rao, Chairman hoisted the national flag. Stutalk (Volume-11, Issue-02) was released on this occasion.
Department of Civil Engineering has organized a workshop on “A Multi Purpose 3D Analysis and Design Program by usung Spacegass Software” in which 90 students were participated. Mr.David Francis, Integrated Technical Software Pvt. Ltd, Spacegass software was the resource person for this workshop.
Department of MBA has organized a guest lecture on Entrepreneurship for I & II MBA students by Mr. SVS. Lakshmi Narayana, Convener of INTACH.
IEEE-VBIT SB has conducted AVISHKAR-2K18, which is a decennial year celebration (Intra-Collegiate round) in which 149 teams participated. The final round was held on 26-01-2017 for the 15 teams short listed from the prelims.
Department of EEE has organized a guest lecture on “Software Modeling and Applications to photo Voltaic Systems” by Mr.N.Manoj Kumar, Research Scholar, Department of EEE, University of Malaya, Malaysia for III & IV EEE students.
Department of Mechanical Engineering has conducted one day Faculty Development Program on Engineering Drawing in which faculty members from various Engineering Colleges have attended. Dr.Rajendiran Sundaramoorthy, Former Scientist, DRDO & Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ashoka Institute of Engg. & Technology, Hyderabad and Dr.G.Amarendar Rao, Principal, VBIT were the resource persons for this event.
Virinchi & Swayam Student forums of VBIT has organized National Youth Day celebrations and Sankranthi Fest in which Rangoli Competition, Kite Festival, Mr & Mrs Public Speaker events were conducted. Manam Newspaper in Association with Splash Event Management Private Limited has sponsored this event. Sakshi News Channel was the media partner.
Department of Civil Engineering has conducted Graduation Ceremony for 2013-2017 batch. Dr.P.Sravana, Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering, JNTUH was the chief guest for this event.
Dyuthi-NSS unit of VBIT has organized Blood Donation Camp in collaboration with Lions club in which 200 units of blood were donated by students. Dr.N.Goutham Rao, Chairman, VBIT has inaugurated the event.
Department of ECE has conducted two day Lab View Hands on Workshop for II ECE students on 4th & 5th January, 2018. Dr.Manoj Kumar Sonker, scientist-E, DRDO, Hyderabad was the chief guest for this event. Mr.Uma Shankar, Assistant Professor, dept. of ECE, R.L.Jalappa Institute of Technology, Bangalore was the resource person for this workshop.
Dyuthi-NSS Unit of VBIT in association with Samskruthi Foundation has organized a guest lecture on Sayings and Messages by Swamy Vivekananda by Mr.J.Nanda Kumar, National Convenor of Pragna Vahini in which 200 students were participated. The programme was conducted on the occasion of the launch of Vivek Band – Season II conducted to celebrate the legacy, philosophy and ideology of the legendary Swami Vivekananda
Department of CSE & IT has organized Two Day International Conference on cognitive Informatics & soft Computing on 20th & 21st December, 2017 in which 146 faculty members from various states have participated and 97 research papers were presented and will be published in Springer journal-“Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing”. Dr.Gyoo Soo Chae, Professor, Division of Information & Communication Engineering, Baekseok University, South Korea was the chief guest for Inauguration. Dr.Pradeep Kumar Mallick, HoD, Dept. of CSE was the convener for this conference.
Department of ECE & Electronics and ICT Academy, NIT-Warangal jointly organized one week Faculty Development Program on Advanced Wireless Communications and Networks from 11th December to 16th December, 2017 at college campus in which 60 faculty from various Engineering colleges were participated. Dr.B.N.Bhandari, Professor & Director, Academic and Planning, JNTUH was the key note speaker and chief guest for inauguration.
- Keynote lecture on MAC Protocol for Wireless Networks by Dr.B.N.Bhandari, Professor & Director, Academic and Planning, JNTUH
- Hands on session on Installation procedure of NS 2 and simulation of simple program on Wireless Networks
- Random Variables, Stochastic process & Advanced Digital Communications by Dr.V.Venkata Mani, Assistant professor, dept. of ECE, NIT-W.
1. Spectrum Sensing by Dr.Samrat L. Sabat, Professor, Center for Advanced studies in Electronics Science & Technology, School of Physics, Hyderabad Central University.
2. Routing Protocol for WSN by Dr.O.B.V.Ramanaiah, Professor, dept. of CSE, JNTUH
3. Hands on Session on Simulation of Wireless Networks Tcl Scripting and AWG Scripting ASG Tool.
- Channel Equalization in Wireless Communications & Evolutionary Soft computing approaches for channel equalizationby Dr.Ravi Kumar Jatoth, Assistant Professor, Dept. of ECE, NIT-W.
- Virtualization and SDN by Mr.A.Kranthi Kumar, Project Engineer, Wipro Technologies.
- Hands on Session on WSN protocol using NS2
- Software Defined Radio-1 & 2 by Dr.N.V.S.Narasimha Sarma, Professor, Dept. of ECE, NIT-W.
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi and Python, Getting Started with Raspberry Pi by
Session on Interfacing Sensor with Raspberry Pi, Reading Data and building a Sensory Node & Deploying a PAN using Socket Communication and MQTT Protocol followed by Valedictory.
Department of MBA has conducted AICTE sponsored two week faculty Development Program on “Research Methodology in Management & social Sciences using SPSS” from 20th November 2017 to 04th December 2017 in which 70 faculty from various institutions were attended. Dr.N.V.Ramana Rao, Director, National institute of Technology-Warangal was the chief guest for the Inauguration. Dr.V.Shekar, Professor, Faculty of Management, Osmania University was the chief guest for the valedictory function.
- Overview of Research Methodology by Dr. Prabhu Kumar, Professor & Director, School of Management Studies, JNTU-H
- Types of Research by Dr.H.Venkateswarlu, Professor, Dept. of Commerce & Management Studies, Osmania University
- Identification of Research Problem by Dr.K.Chandrasekhar, Professor, Center for Economics & Social Studies.
- Sampling Methods by Dr.K.Chandrasekhar, Professor, Center for Economics & Social Studies.
- Research Design by Dr. S.S.Rath, Director, Synergy Business School
- Measurement of Scale by Dr. B. Raja shekar, Professor, School of Management studies, Hyderabad Central University
- An overview of Data Analysis by Dr. B. Raja shekar, Professor, School of Management studies, Hyderabad Central University
- Latest areas of Research topics in HR by Dr G. Raj Kumar CEO,HR Foot Prints
- Factor Analysis & Cluster Analysis by Dr. K. Sampath Kumar, Assistant Professor, dept. of Applied Statistics, Telangana University
- Discriminant Analysis,Bivariant Multivariant Techniques by Dr. K. Sampath Kumar, Assistant Professor, dept. of Applied Statistics, Telangana University
- Latest topics of research in Management sciences by Dr.T.Satyanarayana Chary, Associate Professor, Dept. of Commerce, Telangana university.
- Introduction to SPSS, Data Set, Measurement of Scale of Variables using SPSS by Dr.I.Lokanadha Reddy, Associate Professor, School of Management Studies, HCU
- Entering,Editing and Manipulating Data by Dr.I.Lokanadha Reddy, Associate Professor, School of Management Studies, HCU
- Editing and Copying SPSS Ouput Importing Excel Files, Descriptive stastistics cross taps PP plots by Dr.I.Lokanadha Reddy, Associate Professor, School of Management Studies, HCU
- Data Management and Data Analysis using SPSS by Dr.V.V.Hara Gopal, Professor & Director,Dept. of Statistics, Osmania university
- Parametric Tests using SPSS by Dr.V.V.Hara Gopal, Professor & Director,Dept. of Statistics, Osmania university
- Non-Parametric Tests using SPSS by Dr.V.V.Hara Gopal, Professor & Director,Dept. of Statistics, Osmania university
- Application of T-Test & ANOVA by Mr.P.S.Viswanath, Asst. Professor, Sree Nidhi Inst. Of Technology & Science
- Application of SPSS by Dr.S.Hari Krishna, Associate Professor, Dept. of MBA, VBIT.
- Correlation and Regression Analysis using SPSS & Discriminant Analysis using SPSS by Professor, School of Management studies, Hyderabad Central University
- Ethics in Research by Dr.Ch.S.L.N.Sridhar, Professor, Dept. of H&S, VBIT.
- A Bird’s eye view of Research in Social Sciences by Dr.D.Devendranath, Director of Academics & Professor, VBIT.
- Factor Analysis& Cluster Analysis using SPSS by Dr. B. Raja shekar, Professor, School of Management studies, Hyderabad Central University
- How to maintain Ethics among Students by Dr.G.Amarendar Rao, Professor & Principal, VBIT.
- How to avoid Plagiarism by D.Ravi, Research Scholar, EFFLU.
- Which tool for what topic of Research By Dr.B.Venkataiah, Professor, Dept. of Business Management, Osmania University.
- How to conduct Primary Survey in Research & Types of Questionnaires-How to prepare questionnaire by Dr.Partha Pratim Sahu, Associate Professor, Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, National Inst. Of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj
- Descriptive Statistics including Correlation and Regression & Testing of hypothesis-Type-1 and Type -2 Error by Dr.A.Patrick, professor, Dept. of Commerce, Osmania university.
- How to write Findings and Suggestions by Dr.Sindhu, Professor, School of Management Studies, JNTUH
- Article Writing the path to thesis submission by Dr.L.Rudra Saibaba, Professor, Dept. of Commerce & Management Studies, KU
- Report writing by Dr.G.Narasimha Murthy, Professor, Kakatiya University.
- Emerging Trends of Research in Marketing Management by Dr.C.S.Patnaik, Principal, Megha Institute, Hyderabad
- Challenges in Research by Dr. K. Srinivas Reddy, Director, Aurora Business School
- Effective Thesis Writing & Research Gaps by Dr. M.S.Narayana, N.E.C
- Mindset of Research by Dr.S.V.Ramana, Professor & HoD, Dept. of Business Administration, VBIT
- How to Present Pre-Submission Seminar by Dr. R.Nageshwar Rao, Professor & Dean Faculty of Management, Osmania university
Department of MBA has organized industrial visit to Jain Irrigation Systems Limited and Pegasus Farmaco India Private Limited in which I & II MBA students have participated.
Department of EEE has organized a guest lecture on “Overview of Machine Learning and Artificial Neural Networks” for III & IV B.Tech students by Dr.G.Ravindranath, Professor & Head, Matrusri Engineering College, Hyderabad.
Department of CSE & IT has organized a workshop on Information Security for III B.Tech students.
Department of CSE & IT has organized a workshop on Data Visualization (Tableau) for III B.Tech students.
Department of EEE has conducted guest lecture on “Industrial Automation” by Mr.E.Venkata Ramana, Head-Business Development, MEPAC3 Engineering Solutions Pvt. Ltd in which III & IV B.Tech students were participated.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) student branch of VBIT has conducted ANVESHAK-workshop and Hands on session on Assembly and Disassembly of Motor Bikes in collaboration with VAAHAN on 27th & 28th October 2017 in which 70 students have participated.
Institute of Student Engineering (ISE) forum of VBIT has organized guest lecture on Cognize Entrepreneurship in which 90 students from various departments were participated.
NBA Expert team visited the institute for Re-Accreditation from 13-15 October 2017.
Computer Society (CS) chapter of IEEE-VBIT SB has celebrated IEEE Day by organizing Pre-IEEE Xtreme (CODEX) event which is a coding competition on C, C++ & JAVA in which 80 students were participated.
Institute has organized two day Central Hackathon on Internet of Things (IoT) for II & III B.Tech students in association with IDEA labs.
Department of Civil Engineering has organized a guest lecture on “Joys and wonders of Civil Engineering” by Dr.K.V.Jaya Kumar, Professor & Dean (Planning & Development), Department of Civil Engineering, NIT-Warangal for III & IV B.Tech students.
IEEE-VBIT SB has organized two day workshop on “3D Game Designing using Virtual Reality” on 20th & 21st September 2017 in which 50 students from various engineering colleges have participated.
Department of MBA has organized a guest lecture on “How to use skill & efficiency to become Successful” by Mr. SVS Lakshmi Narayana, Convener of INTACH for I & II MBA students.
Department of EEE has conducted a guest lecture on “Internal structure of large thermal power Plants” by D.SubbaRao Manager (Operations), NTPC-Ramagundam.for III B.Tech students.
Institute has hosted Faculty Development Program on Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Module 3&4 from 04th to 16th September 2017 in which 17 faculty from various Engineering colleges across the nation have participated.
Department of Mechanical Engineering has organized a industrial visit for IV B.Tech students to Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET), Cherlapally, Hyderabad.
Communication Society (COMSOC) chapter IEEE-VBIT SB in association with Robotics Club has organized “Tech with ARDUINO” which is a hands – on session where the young minds were intended to comprehend on how to work with the ARDUINO in which 58 students were participated.
Department of MBA has conducted orientation Day for I Year MBA admitted students. Mr.Sricharan Lakkaraju, CEO of Stumagz was the chief guest for this event.
Dept. of EEE has organized a guest lecture on Smart Grid Technologies by Dr. D.M. Vinod Kumar, Professor, NIT-Warangal in which IV EEE students were attended.
IETE-VBIT SB has organized Vidhmaan-17 in which technical events like Disputandum, Disc etc and non-technical events like caricature, Logocazar, Grafico Presentationem etc were conducted. 80 students participated in this event.
70th Independence Day was celebrated in the college campus. Dr.N.Goutham Rao, Chairman hoisted the national flag on this occasion.
Dept. of CSE & IEEE VBIT Computer society has organized an industrial visit to TCS, Hyderabad in which 60 students attended.
Orientation classes on 3rd & 4th August for I.B.Tech students was conducted in which 700 students attended. Following Resource persons delivered lectures on this occasion:
- Mr.A.K.Khan, Former Commissioner of police, Hyderabad
- Dr.Vivek Modi, Professional Motivational Speaker & Trainer
- Mr.Raghu Dut, Professional Motivational Speaker & Trainer
VBIT has organized 2 day workshop on IoT (Internet of things) for III B.Tech students in association with Idea Labs. Mr.Pankaj Diwan, CEO, Idea Labs was the chief guest for this event.
Induction program for I B.Tech admitted students and their parents was conducted in the college campus. Dr.W.G.Prasanna kumar, Chairperson, National Council for Rural Institute was the chief guest for this event. Jignasa-Technical magazine (Volume-01, Issue-01) of the institute was released on this occasion.
WIE Affinity group of IEEE-VBIT SB has organized Star Kid event at Nemarugomula Zilla Parishad High school in which students of 5th ,6th & 7th standard were trained on Basic computer knowledge.
Department of MBA has organized SWAMEDHA-The Management Fest for MBA students in which events like Business Quiz, Mock Stock Sales Game, Young Manager Contest etc were conducted
Faculty Forum of VBIT has organized a guest lecture on Career Enhancement in Technical institutions by Mr.Srivathsa Rao, Senior Consultant, USA was the chief guest for this event in which 150 faculty members attended.
Department of MBA has organized a guest lecture on “ENTREPRENEURSHIP -The Key Growth Driver” by Mr. G.V.V Sarma, Former General Manager- Novartis.
Dyuthi-NSS unit of VBIT has organized Harithaharam, in which 200 saplings were planted in and around the campus.Mr.G.SreeRam, C.I, Ghatkesar Police Station was the chief guest for this event.
Dept. of ECE has organized a guest lecture on Speech Processing in Wireless Environment for IV ECE students by Dr.V.Anil Kumar, Assistant Professor, IIIT, Hyderabad.
IETE-VBIT SB has organized a 3 day workshop on Ni-Lab View Hands on Workshop on Software Tools for IV ECE students from 03-07-2017 to 05-07-2017. Mr.Uma Shanker, National Instruments, Bangalore was the resource person for this workshop.
Dept. of CSE & IT has organized workshop on Android Application Development for III CSE & IT students from 28-06-2017 to 08-07-2017. Ms.T.Priyanka, Coign Technologies Pvt. Ltd was the resource person for this workshop.
CISCO IoT Hackathon 2017 was hosted at Vignana Bharati Institute of Technology (VBIT) from 19th to 21st June 2017 and the event saw 29 teams of five members each whose ideas got selected for participating in the event. The event is being organized by Trident Group of Institutions, Cisco Academic Support Center, headed by Mr. Shubajit Jayadev, with the support of Mr. Satya Ranjan Biswal, Mr. Sumanth Sahoo(Trainer&Instructor Cisco India), Mr. Pranay Agarwal,CEO, TIF, Mr. Daniel de Souza, Mrs. Saakshi Agarwal, Mr. Aruleshwaran, and Mr. Akanksh Reddy.
The 24hour-Hackathon event began on the day II at 9 am. The teams were evaluated by a jury comprising five members of industry experts. On day III, at the end of the given 24 hours, 8 teams were shortlisted to present their ideas to the jury members. Based on the merit of the ideas and the quality of the presentation, 3 out of these five teams were rewarded with the prizes. The teams representing GRIET and VBIT bagged the honours putting forward the ideas
1. Tech Rider
2. Smart Kitchen
3. Public Transport