Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
|PEO1: Domain Knowledge: Graduates of ECE-VBIT, will be able to synthesize mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, laboratory and attain practical experiences to formulate and solve engineering problems in electronics engineering domains and shall have proficiency in electronics based engineering and the use of electronic tools.
|PEO2: Professional Employment: Graduates of ECE-VBIT will succeed in entry-level engineering positions within the core electronic engineering or manufacturing firms in regional, national, or international industries and with government agencies.
|PEO3: Higher Degrees: Graduates of ECE-VBIT will succeed in the pursuit of advanced degrees in engineering or other fields where a solid foundation in mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals is required.
|PEO4: Engineering Citizenship: Graduates of ECE-VBIT will be prepared to communicate and work effectively on team-based engineering projects and will practice the ethics of their profession consistent with a sense of social responsibility.
|PEO5: Lifelong Learning: Graduates of ECE-VBIT, will recognize the importance of, and have the skills for, continued independent learning to become experts in their chosen fields and to broaden their professional knowledge.
Program Outcomes (POs):
Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective Presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary Environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes (PSOs):
PSO1: The ECE Graduates will be equipped with Electronics, Microprocessor and Microcontroller based system design skills to become embedded system engineers.
PSO2: The ECE Graduates will be able to design and implement signal processing, communication systems and protocols.
PSO3: The ECE graduates will have knowledge from design flow to fabrication in areas of both Analog and Digital VLSI Design.
PSO4: The ECE graduates will be trained on Soft Skills, Aptitude and Attitude to work in industry/self employed/ become entrepreneurs.