Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
About IQAC Cell
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established at VBIT on 26th January, 2014 after receiving the accreditation status from NBA for its major UG programmes as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC should be a part of the institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The IQAC has to make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase through channelizing the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Institute
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institute
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institute, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institute for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in Institute
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institute based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA) in the prescribed format
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of Institute based on the AQAR
The IQAC has evolved mechanisms and procedures for ensuring the following:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for students
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Benefits of IQAC:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Institute
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
S,No Name Desigination Profile
1 Dr.G.Amarendar Rao,Principal Chairman 2 Dr.Jayant Kulkarni,Vice Principal Director 3 Dr.N.Goutham Rao,Chairman,SVET Member 4 Dr.G.Manohar Reddy,Secretary.SVET Member 5 Mr.L.Narsimha Murthy,Infosys Expert Profile
6 Mr.N.Vamsikrishna,TCS Expert Profile
7 Dr.Gopa Dutta,Director,R&D Member 8 Dr.S.V.Ramana,HOD-MBA Member 9 Mr.G.Anil Kumar, Assoc.Prof,CSE Member 10 Mr.S.Narasimha Rao,AO Member 11 Mr.K.Naresh Kumar,Asst.Prof., CE Member Secretary (Coordinator)
Plan of Action:
- To conduct the meeting at the beginning of each semester (Twice in a year)
- Prime agenda of the meeting would be review based planning of academic policies for the sustainable growth of the Institute
- To develop a monitoring system for quality assurance of the policies
- To prepare a detailed Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) at the end of he academic year and submit the same to Governing Body/University.
- To organize an interactive session with faculty members following the guidelines given by Governing Body, College Academic Council (CAC) and Departmental Advisory Committee (DAC) to strengthen the Teaching Learning process.
- Preparation and release of guidelines regarding all Academic activities before the commencement of Semester
- Distribution of CMF to the Departments before the commencement of semester
- Uploading of Academic plans prepared by respective faculty members on E-CAP portal for easy access to the students
- Continuous monitoring of maintenance of CMF
- Preparation of attendance registers by Academic section and distribution of the same to respective Departments
- Preparation of list of faculty coordinators at Department level for various academic activities and compilation of the same
- To conduct the meeting of faculty coordinators for various academic tasks to discuss the plan of action for their respective responsibilities
- Preparation of list of faculty mentors at Department level and distribution of mentoring registers along with guidelines to follow
- To conduct interactive session with all faculty mentors regarding mentoring of students based on three parameters-Attendance, Performance and Attitude
- Preparation of common slots for AV classes, seminars, sports, Incubation Centers and Value added programs (VAP) and communicate the same to the respective Department for inclusion in their timetable
- Collection and compilation of attendance at the end of every month through E-CAP and to send the list of students having less attendance to the respective mentors through mail.
- To help the Departments in monitoring the mentoring process
- To coordinate the process of online feedback from students about Teaching-Learning process in respective classes and communicate the assessment of the same to respective faculty members and Department
To help the Departments in monitoring following activities
- Add on content-Theory & Lab
- Remedial classes
- Make up tests
- Collection of CMF with all required data and documents at the end of the semester
- Collection of teaching outcome feedback (course assessment) from students at the end of the semester
- Collection of exit feedback from final year students at the end of the academic year
To help the Departments/professional bodies in collection and analysis of feedback from:
- Industry Experts/Academicians who are visiting the college
- Executives of professional bodies.
- To help the Department in the preparation of various rubrics regarding feedback from students and stakeholders, examination result, Course assessment, placement etc. and based on that to provide various statistical inputs to respective DAC at the beginning of each semester to chalk out the policy for that semester.
- To suggest various value added programs to T&P cell and to coordinate the execution of the same
- To suggest various ways to the Departments to strengthen their Incubation centres/centre of excellence and to enhance the technical skills of the students
- To organize the review /audit of all the academic activities by a team of internal experts and present the observation in the meeting of GB/CAC/DAC for further guidelines
- Collection and compilation of self appraisal forms from faculty members at the end of academic year
- To consolidate the information about funding agencies, their norms and passing the same to R&D centre and respective Departments.
To help the Principal Office in the preparation of schedule of following meetings:
- Governing Body (once in a semester)
- College Academic Council (Once in a week/two weeks)
To help the principal Office (PO) in constituting following central committees for decentralization of work and effective functioning of the Institute:
- Discipline and Antiragging
- Central facilities
- Grivience redressal
- Student Activity Centre
- Training and Placement, career guidance and entrepreneurship development
- To help the P.O. in the preparation of guidelines and schedule of periodic meetings of these Committees
- To help the P.O. in the process of record maintenance and documentation (nomenclature of Departmental and central files D 1 -27 and P 1-28
- To coordinate the activity of budget allocation based on the requirement of the Departments
- To coordinate the activity of printing of various stationary items based on the requirements of Department and Laboratories
- To prepare/modify various application/information formats at least once in a year
- To prepare the Activity calendar of the Institute based on the individual plans submitted by Departments/various forums
- To coordinate the flow of information to the website administrator from various forums/Departments before and after the activities/achievements
- To coordinate the process of preparation and submission of Activity Record files by various forums after the activity
- To coordinate the process of audio-visual recording of all the major activities and submission of the CD at the central library
- To help the P.O. in periodic review of policy book of the Institute
- To collect all the files/documents from all the Departments/P.O. at the end of the academic year
- To give periodic inputs to website incharge/administrator regarding updating of information
- To discuss innovative concepts and ways of execution with coordinators of various forums
- To help the P.O.in the preparation of schedule of stock verification of various laboratories/Library at the end of the year.
IQAC members meeting on 11-02-2014