PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
PEO1-Domain Knowledge: Graduates of ME-VBIT, will be able to synthesize mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, laboratory and work-based experiences to formulate and solve engineering problems in mechanical domain.
PEO2-Professional Employment: Graduates of ME-VBIT, will succeed in entry-level engineering positions with in Software & Hardware industries in regional, national, or international industries and with government agencies.
PEO3- Higher Degrees: Graduates of ME-VBIT, will succeed in the pursuit of advanced degrees in engineering or other fields where a solid foundation in mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals are required.
PEO4-Engineering Citizenship: Graduates of ME -VBIT, will be prepared to communicate and work effectively on team-based engineering projects and will practice the ethics of their profession consistent with a sense of social responsibility
PEO5-Lifelong Learning: Graduates of ME-VBIT, will recognize the importance of, and have the skills for, continued independent learning to become experts in their chosen fields and to broaden their professional knowledge.
Program Outcomes (POs):
Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective Presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary Environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes (PSOs):
|PSO1||To Identify, comprehend and find solutions to Mechanical Engineering problems in real life situations.|
|PSO2||To Design, develop, manufacture and maintain mechanical systems through conservation principles of energy, momentum and their impact on socio-economic and environmental consideration.|
|PSO3||To work professionally in industries or as an entrepreneur by applying manufacturing and management practices.|
|PSO4||To create awareness about modern technology through excelling in mechanical software i.e. modeling and analysis which increase problem solving capacity.|