Entrepreneurship Cell Overview
- To develop and act as the core facility in fostering growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students of VBIT and to promote entrepreneurial culture in the college.
- To act as central facility for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding entrepreneurs of VBIT .
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in VBIT and other institutions in the region.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To catalyze and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To assist prospective entrepreneurs in preparation of project reports. To provide incubation facility to student entrepreneurs.
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college/institution for the benefit of students and faculty of the college.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions every year.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To facilitate creation of entrepreneur’s club in the college to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students
- To act as the Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.
Members of the Committee
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Members of the Committee||Designation||Department|
|1||Dr. S.V.Ramana||Professor I/c||Professor & HOD||MBA|
|2||Mrs.A.Sree Lakshmi||Members||Associate Professor||TPO|
|6||Mr. P.Sridhar||Members||Assistant Professor||MBA|
|7||Mr.Rohith||Representative||Students Rep.||III ECE|
Entrepreneurship Development Cell Events
Entrepreneurship development cell events (2015-16)
|S.No||Date||Conducted by||Description of the event||Targeted students||Photos|
|1||05.02.2016||Indian School of Business – Technology Entrepreneurship Programme||TEP aims to foster entrepreneurship by guiding and supporting engineering students in creating Technology enabled products and services – for B.Tech III year students. Organized DTW workshops.||B.Tech III year|
|2||04.04.2016||Mr.Rajesh Prasad, HoD (MBA), J.B.Inst. of Technology||Department of MBA has organized an Entrepreneurship development Program(FDP) names SRJANA-2K16||MBA final year|
|3||17.03.2015||University Industry Interaction Centre, JNTUH||One day workshop on Career Guidance & Employability Skills organized by JNTUH at JNTUH, Hyderabad for B.Tech Final year students. No. of students participated 30||B.Tech Final year|