- Institute has received grant from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to conduct two week faculty Development Program (FDP) on Machine Learning to Deep learning for Data Analytics using Python.
- Institute has received grant from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under MODROB scheme on Modernization of Electrical Simulation Laboratory for EEE department.
- Institute has received grant from Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to conduct Unnat Bharat Abhiyan program.
- Department of ECE has received grant from JNTUH under TEQIP-III to conduct three day work shop on simulation of wireless networks using NS-3
- Dr.I.Lakshmi Prasanna, Associate Professor, Dept. of H&S has received grant under collaborative research scheme, TEQIP-III, JNTUH as a Co-Principal investigator for the project titled Thermoelectric and magnetic Propoerties of strongly Coorelated Materials- Design and Fabrication of thermoelectric setup.
- Institute has received Partners in Growth award at bridge’19 summit for outstanding partnership and active participation in initiatives of ICT Academy.
As a part of ISB-TEP (Indian School of Business –Technology Entrepreneurship Program) Institute has achieved 2nd rank in the online and practicum components of year I of 2017-19 TEP batch in the state of Telangana.
Team of students (Kunal Dubey, M.Sanath swaroop of III IT E.Kaustubh, A.Yashwanth, Aishwarya Bhavani, B.Architha of III CSE) has won 1st prize in Smart India Hackathon 2019 organized by Department of MHRD, Govt. of India & AICTE at Jai Bharath College of Management & Engineering Technology, Cochin, Kerala. These students have worked on the problem statement “Innovative payment & Recovery System” given by Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME)
Institute has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Microchip Academy.
Institute has received the following awards by CISCO Networking Academy on the occasion of CISCO Networking Academy Conference, Bangalore on 12-02-2019:
- Best Performing Academy-Foundational Courses 2018
- Best Performing Academy- IT Essentials 2018
- Best Performing Academy-All Courses 2018
- Champion Academy-All Courses 2018
- Institute has established ICT Academy Centre of Excellence for Design Powered by Autodesk. Dr.N.Goutham Rao, Chairman receiving the certificate from Shri.Satya Pal Singh, Minister of State for Human Resource Education.
- Street Cause VBIT has received Best Division Award by Street Cause Hyderabad Section for the Year 2017-18.
- Teams of VBIT students were invited by Government of India to submit their project proposal to convert Ideas into Prototype. Both the teams have worked on the problem statement given by Govt. of Sikkim (Dept. of Education) & Govt. of Rajasthan (Dept. of Water Supply) respectively.
- Dr.K.Neelima, Professor & HOD, Department of EEE has received Best Faculty Award in South Asian Education Awards-2018 organized by Education Expo TV held at Bangalore on 17th June, 2018
- Team of Students (Vishnu Panjala, Sri Nikhil Racha, Hanisha, Jyosthsna, Sri Harsha Pohar, Pravallika) has won 1st Runner up in Smart India Hackathon 2018 organized by Department of MHRD, Govt. of India & AICTE at Noida Institute of Engineering & Technology, Noida. They worked on problem statement given by Sikkim Govt. “Connecting student volunteers to various social schemes and programs”.
- Team of students (Aditya Srikanta sastry, K.L.N.Bhanu Teja, T.ajay Kumar, K.Vaishnavi, K.Akhilendra Kashyap) has won Best Public Choice Award in Smart City Hackathon 2018 organized by Government of Telangana.
- Institute has received prestigious “TASK BEST PERFORMING INSTITUTION” award from Mr. Jayesh Ranjan (IAS) Principal Secretary of the Department of Industries & Commerce (I&C) and Information Technology (IT), Government of Telangana.
- Institute has received prestigious “BEST PERFORMING SAP ACADEMY” award from Mr. Manoj Dantia, Head-Education SAP India
- Anil Kumar G, TPO has received “TASK BEST PERFORMING TPO” award from Mr.JayeshRanjan (IAS) Principal Secretary of the Department of Industries & Commerce (I&C) and Information Technology (IT), Government of Telangana.
- Institute has received grant from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to conduct faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Research Methodology in Management & social sciences using SPSS.
- Institute has received grant from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under Skill and Personality Development Programme (SPDP)Centre for SC/ST students.
Institute was awarded as Highest Team Idea Submission in Cisco IoT Hackathon which took place in grand finale at Bhuvaneswar, odisha state.
Power & Energy society (PES) of IEEE-VBIT SB has been awarded as High Performing student Branch Chapter Program (HPSBCP) for the year 2016 under Asia-Pacific Region R10.
Mr.G.Anil Kumar, Training & Placement officer has received Career Guru Young Achiever Award by Aspiring Minds for the year 2016-17
AICTE has approved the institute as a center for Pradhan Manthri Koushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) where unemployed youth from near by areas can be trained in 4 vocational disciplines.