Events & Programmes and Achievements
coding.Studio( ); was established on 27th October, 2018. It’s the programming club of VBIT, whose motto is to impart coding culture in the college. Our work includes building and maintaining open-source GitHub projects, conducting workshops on different programming technologies and help out people who are dealing with bugs in their code.
On February 11th and 12th 2019, coding.Studio( ); conducted their first ever event, ‘codeCraft’, which introduced participants to the world of Competitive Programming. The event had a nail-biting finish and was a huge success, praised by faculty and students alike.
On March 4th, Team coding.Studio( ); rewrote history by winning Smart India Hackathon 2019 for their project PayRec which helped ease the recovery of delayed payments.
coding.Studio( ); further continued their streak of success by participating in Aakar 2019, where four projects were submitted – VBITQ, VBIT Market Place, studyMap and Saadhya. Saadhya won the award for best project by a third year student.
coding.Studio( ); continued their awe-inspiring journey by conducting a 14- week programme called ‘coding.Studio( ); Sem of Code – CSSOC’ from 1st August, 2019 to November 16th, 2019 for students of all years where the participants were taught Fundamentals of Web Development and Data Structures and Algorithms. A total of 30 students were selected, each of whom made projects related to the content that they learnt and gained practical knowledge. CSSOC was recognized as a ‘one-of its-kind’ event and was commended by both students and faculty.
On 19th October, 2019, three teams from coding.Studio( ); participated in IEEEXtreme – a 24-hour competitive programming hackathon and achieved another feat in securing world ranks of 595, 596 and 605, and country ranks of 72, 73 and 74 respectively. The three teams from coding.Studio( ); were the first ones to have accomplished such a triumph from and for VBIT.
On 18th January, 2020, coding.Studio( ); conducted I/O 2020, which officially marked the beginning of a new tenure, and new team members were elected into the club after being filtered through a challenging test and interview.
FORUM EXECUTIVE AND SENIOR SDE
CP EXECUTIVE AND SENIOR SDE
First Tenure (2019)
Imparting coding culture has always been the primary aim of c.S();, and to that end, we conduct events that encourage the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills through programming.
codeCraft — is the annual flagship competitive programming event, which introduces the world of competitive programming to beginners. The two-day event introduces the core concepts of competitive programming and then proceeds to strengthen these concepts the next day, in a nail-bitingly exciting live programming contest.
coding.Studio(); Saturdays are weekly live-coding sessions, where students learn about various concepts in Data Structures and Algorithms and explore efficient ways of solving problems and upskill themselves at competitive programming.
coding.Studio(); Semester of Code (CSSOC) is a 14-week long annual event where students passionate about various domains of computer science collaborate, learn and build open-source projects. CSSOC is conducted in the spirit of peer-to-peer learning, which coding.Studio( ); firmly believes in.
On March 4th, Team coding.Studio( ); rewrote history by winning Smart India Hackathon 2019 for their project PayRec which helped ease the recovery of delayed payments. coding.Studio( ); further continued their streak of success by participating in Aakar 2019, where four projects were submitted – VBITQ, VBIT MarketPlace, studyMap and Saadhya. Saadhya won the award for best project by a third-year student.
Three teams from coding.Studio( ); participated in IEEEXtreme 14.0 – a 24-hour competitive programming hackathon and achieved another feat in securing world ranks of 259, 260, and 360, and country ranks of 16, 16, and 32 respectively, beating their own top ranks from the previous year. Those three teams were the first ones to have accomplished such a triumph from and for VBIT.
Not only do we organize workshops and events to encourage the programming culture but we also seek problems faced by students and faculty on our campus and build efficient solutions to these problems.
- VBIT’s own online learning platform called Abhyas is maintained by the members of coding.Studio( ); .
- VBIT MarketPlace is a website where students can buy, sell, and rent books and other stationery items. It’s a subsidized marketplace to make use of the goods no longer needed or utilized by certain students so that no resource goes to waste.
- VBITQ is a social media platform that is exclusively used for knowledge sharing and built on the strong idea that people learn more through experiences. Using this platform, students of VBIT can log in and ask various questions related to college life, academics, and faculty while staying anonymous. This application would especially be useful to provide genuine opinions about each and every aspect of VBIT and could play a major role in connecting the people of VBIT.
- VBIT studyMap is a simple-to-use, intuitive web app that runs on all devices seamlessly and helps you to make a timetable that is specific and tailored to your needs. It takes your year and semester, number of days, number of hours that you can study each day as the inputs and uses an efficient algorithm to generate a timetable that’s designed specifically to your needs.
- ARMA is a complete Event Management platform. A web app that can completely automate event management.
- Relief Riders online portal is a cross-platform application that was built to aid the volunteers and users of the Relief Riders Initiative, a non-profit effort to deliver the essentials to the elderly and needy during the challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Current Tenure (3rd Tenure)
- Sai Kiran Boddu
- Poojitha Mutteneni
- Anisha Singh
- Yasaswi Raj Madari
- Aaris Khan
- Revanth Arukala
- Boggula Prashanith
- Srija Nakirakommula
- Pranchal Agarwal
- Mahita Velanki
- Shivani Shivalenka
- Siddharth Malladi
- Kalyan Balguri
- Chandra Kiran
- Saravanan Jodavula
- Akshay Rajpurohit
- Mohan K. Raju
- Sai Chaitanya