Technical Events Organized by H&S Branch Association
27th February, 2016
The Ecoclub of VBIT conducted an event Praakruthika on 27th, February, 2016 as part of the National Science Day Celebrations to create awareness among the students about the importance of environmental protection. A variety of events like the Botanical Garden, an exhibition of various medicianal plants, Best from the Waste and a Poster Presentation were held. Selfie with Nature, an innovative contest was also conducted for I.B.Tech. students.
17th February, 2016.
WIE Affinity Group came up with an initiative to conduct a session on “Self Defence” on 17th February, 2016. The aim of the programme was to promote awareness on women safety and help the participants to learn how to defend themselves in the hour of need. Master GK.Ganesh from the Okinawa School of Sport Karate, ECIL was the chief guest for the occasion.
Ms. A.Ashwini, Associate Professor of English, H&S Department made a presentation on the importance of Gender Sensitization which is a new subject introduced in the syllabus by JNTUH. She also shared her views on women empowerment and socialization.
Report on Self Defense (Click here to view)
A poster on the theme of Conserving our Earth for a Better Future was released on 30th, January, 2016 by Ecoclub of VBIT. Ms.Hema Latha, Asst. Professor of Chemistry coordinated the event.
GANITH-The Mathematics club of VBIT has organized a technical and cultural fest titled GANITHOTSAV2k15 in which 400 students from different engineering colleges of hyderbad have participated. The event was inaugurated by Dr.M.V.Ramana Murthy, Professor of Mathematics from Osmania University.Many events like paper presentations, Museum of Mathematics, Chamber of secrets etc were being organized for two days on 27th & 28th Feb, 2015. Dr.Amal Chakrabarthy, Retd. Project Manager, DRDO and Smt.Rajya Lakshmi, All India Radio artist were the other guests on this occasion.
Sowparnika-Physics and Chemistry Club of VBIT has organised Exhibition based on Science working models and poster presentation competitions for I B.Tech. students in which 180 students have participated.
Srinivasa Ramanujan Birth Anniversary was celebrated on 22nd December by organizing a seminar on ” Life and contributions of Ramanujan ” by Dr.P.Kousalya , HOD, H&S.On this occasion Quiz competitions were conducted for I B.Tech students in which 60 teams(3 per team)have participated.
76 students of I B.Tech have attended a special talk on “Mars Mission-The Success Story” by ” by Dr.V.Adimurthy (Mission Concept Designer of MAGALYAAN,ISRO,Bangolore) at Ramakrishna Math,Domalguda, Hyderabad.
24-11-2014 to 26-11-2014
Personality Development Workshop for first B.Tech. year students was organized at Ramakrishna Math, Domalaguda, Hyderabad in which 500 students have participated.
Guest lecture conducted by GANITH club on ” Some concepts of Graph theory & discrete Mathematics by Sheik Irfan Babu, Associate Professor, MGIT addressed to II year CSE-A, CSE-B and II IT students
Ganith-The Mathematics club of VBIT and its members have visited Government school of Nemaragomula village, Ghatkesar (M) and taught mathematical concepts like Introduction to algebra, Integers, Perimeters etc for 7th & 8th class students
As a part of orientation programme for 1st B.Tech Students, a session on “Value Based Education for the Present day Students” was delivered by Dr.Garikapati Narasimha Rao, a well known literary performer.
As a part of orientation program for 1st B.Tech students, a session on “Technical Education-An Over View” was delivered by Dr.K.Eshwara Prasad, Director of Evaluation, JNTUH from 11:00 am to 12:30 PM.Next session from 2:00 pm to 4:00PM was delivered on the topic “Self Mastery” by Mr.B.S.N.Murthy, Vivekanada
Induction Day Programme for 1 st year B.Tech students(2014-15) was organized at college campus on 10-09-2014.Dr.M.T.Naik, Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, JNTUH .1500 students and parents attended the programme.
On the occasion of birthday of Sir Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Teachers day was celebrated in the college campus. A guest lecture was organised by faculty forum on “Creative Engineering” by Prof.Ravindharan Ethiraj, Retd.Prof., Dept. of Physics, Osmania University, Hyd.
Actionaid India, an NGO working for the poor and vulnerable communities, in association with SRISHTI, the literary club of H&S Department, VBIT, conducted an awareness program on the protection, welfare and the well being of the girl children as part of the “Beti Zindabad” campaign. Dr. Satya Lakshmi, Chief Guest and Director, Vemana Yoga Reaserch Centre, Hyd delivered a highly informative and motivating talk on the subject. Dr. J. S. N. Murthy, Principal and the Chief Guest gave away the Prizes to the winners of the Essay Writing Contest conducted on the topic “The Role of Girls in Society” in Telugu and English. Mr. D. Krishna Mohan Sharma, Associate Professor and convener of SRISHTI Club facilitated and coordinated the program.
Department of H&S has organized a series of lectures on various technical and non-technical topics by faculty members from 06-08-2014 to 01-09-2014
All the H&S faculty members have attended a highly inspiring “One Day Faculty Development Program” at Ramakrishna Math. Significant topics like ‘Stress Management’, ‘Teaching-Learning Process’ and ‘Self Mastery’ were covered by eminent speakers Mr. Adi Raju, Dr. Vivek Modi and Mr. BSN Murthy respectively.The concluding session was dealt with by Swami Bodhamayand ji by administering a brief session of meditation and providing invaluable tips on relaxation and meditation.
A two-day state level Faculty Development Programme was conducted by the Department of Humanities &Sciences, Vignana Bharathi Institute of Technology & Sciences, Ghatkesar. TheFDP, entitled “Recent Trends in Humanities and Sciences for Developing Professionalism inStudents”, encompassing English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, was attended by about100 teachers working in various engineering colleges.
While Sri Hari Hara Sarma, Secretary, Keshav Memorial Institutions, delivered the keynoteaddress, parallel sessions were conducted in the respective subjects covering the revised JNTUH syllabus and other latest trends in the teaching and research of these subjects.
Resource persons included eminent academicians and experts from industry.
- Prof. G. Damodar – Dept. of English, KU, Warangal
- Ms. G. Vineela Vasan – CEO, The Tech Scribes, Chennai
- Prof. S. R. K. Iyengar – Retd Professor., IIT. Delhi
- Prof. J.V. Ramana Murthy – Dept. of Mathematics, N.I.T., Warangal
- Prof. K. S. R. A. Murthy – Dept. of ECE, VBIT
- Prof. P. Kousalya – HOD, H&S, VBIT
- Prof. M. Ghana Shyam Krishna – HCU, Hyderabad
- Dr. Pratyay Basak – Senior Scientist, IICT, Hyderabad
- Dr. Ramanuj Narayan – Senior Scientist, IICT, Hyderabd
All the participants were immensely benefitted from these sessions and they expressed theirutmost satisfaction on the utility value of the programme. The FDP was concluded with a formalvaledictory programme attended by Dr. N. Goutham Rao- Chairman , VBIT, Dr. G. ManoharReddy – Secretary, Prof. Jayanth Kulkarni – Vice Principal, Prof. P. Kousalya – HOD, H&S and Prof. C.R.N.Sarma – Academic Director.
- “A one-ay Workshop on Queuing Theory – Stochastic Process – Graph Theory” was conducted by GANITH – the Mathematics Club of H&S Department as part of the first anniversary celebrations of the Club.
- Resource Persons for the workshop were Dr. V.V. Haragopal, Head of the Dept. Statistics, Osmania University, Hyderabad (Queuing Theory – Stochastic Process – in the pre-lunch session) and Dr. Sameen Fathima, Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad (Graph Theory – in the post-lunch session).
- II B. Tech. students of various branches enthusiastically participated in the workshop
- Ganith Bharathi NewsLetter
27 to 29 -09-2013
- Orientation program for B.Tech I year students was organized on 27th to 29th October 2013, A series of lectures was conducted to students for three days on various subjects and their overview. Guest lectures were taken by Mr. Laxminarayana and Mr.P.V.Ramana and our senior professors in each subject also handled various sessions.
28 to 31-10-2013
- Personality Development Workshop for first year students was organized at Ramakrishna Math. 360 students participated.
- Ganith the Mathematics Club of VBIT has organized two days symposium on “Mathematical Applications in Engineering and Sciences” on 23rd and 24th December 2013. 300 students participated in the event. Prof. Kuppuswamy Naidu, Rector, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University delivered the key note address
- A session on Personality Development for 1st B.Tech IT, CE & EEE students was organised by Department of H&S. Mr. Jagadish of Vandematharam Youth Club has conducted the session.
- Inaguration of MITHRAMAHAS, Dept.of H&S.
- Inaguration of GANITH, the Mathematics Club, Dept of H&S.
- Guest Lecture on “Reminiscences of Ramanujan and beauty of Mathematics” was delivered by the Chief Guest of the day Prof. V. Kannan University of Hyderabad on his 125th birth Anniversary.
- A One-Day workshop on “Challenges in Teaching English to the Students of Vernacular Background in Professional Colleges” was conducted by the Department of H&S Resource persons: Prof.D.S.Kesava Rao, NIT, Warangal, Prof. M.Hari Prasad, English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad and Mrs. Sree Lakshmi A, TPO. VBIT.
19 & 20 -12-2012
- GANITH , The Mathematics Club (First of its kind in twin cities) of Vignana Bharathi Institute of Technology, Ghatkesar organized a two-day state level Symposium on Applications of Mathematics in Engineering & Sciences on 19th & 20th December to commemorate 125th Birth Anniversary of the Indian Genius Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- The chief Guest for the Inaugural session on 19th December was Prof. D Ramamurthy , Retired Professor , Osmania University.
- The guest of honour for the program was Dr.S.V.Seshagiri rao, Retired professor of Mathematics, Osmania University
- The chief guest for the valedictory program was Dr.A.Govardhan, Director of Evaluations.